B.a Wolfe is the author of The Keaton Series. Her first novel, AWAY was released last December and has simply blew readers away. The follow up, STAY was released today, and we can say, is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! Stay shreds your emotions. You have so many feels, you don’t know what to do with them. You’re giddy, your’re devastated, you’re frustrated, you’re swooning, your’re angry… YOU’RE EVERYTHING!!! This book is one of our top reads of 2014 and we want our book friends to read this series and experience the beauty that we did. Let’s give away TWO Kindle Sets of AWAY AND STAY. To enter, just leave a comment on this post. CONTEST ENDS WEDNESDAY (10.22) at 8 pm.
Read on to find out more about B.a Wolfe and The Keaton Series!
20 Questions with B.a Wolfe
1. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
I’ve always loved writing. So much that as a little girl, I remember writing story after story. I never imagined that being an actual writer was possible, so I never thought of it as a career choice, only as a passion. So I’m over the moon right now as I publish my second book! Dreams do come true!
2. Has it become a full time job for you, or do you have another profession?
I still have another profession. I work as an office manager at a construction by day! Totally girly right? I think that’s why I love writing at night! My inner romance can come out and okay!
3. Where do your ideas come from?
My crazy mind that goes non-stop! Lol! Characters speak to me and their stories just unfold! It’s a very interesting process that I’m still trying to wrap my mind around!
4. Is any part of Away and Stay semi-biographical?
There are certain character qualities that definitely were written out of experience, but this story is most definitely fictional work!
5. Did you cry as much writing these books, as readers did while reading it?
Oh my goodness, yes!! There are moments I’m bawling, others I’m in the fetal position as I cry… So to my amazing readers, please know I cry with you all! Haha!
6. What are your favorite parts of Away and Stay?
My favorite parts of Away: Green Light, cowboy boots, Jase, the library, Trish, and Moose! My favorite parts of Stay: X’s and O’s, Sweet Tea, Melanie and Moose, Aidan, Batman, and the barn!!
7. Can you tell us what else you may be working on?
Oh my!! So many great things are lined up! I will say this… Moose and Mel
8. Do you find it difficult, or challenging to write from the male POV?
It’s difficult. For me, it takes more time and finesse to speak and think like a man and put into words that are not only good to read, but are realistic. At the end of the day though, I’m so happy I decided to take a stab at it and write in the Male POV in Stay!
9. What activities do you enjoy outside of writing?
Eating! Hehe! Really though, I love yoga, watching movies, reading, and cooking!
10. Do you have a favorite author?
I don’t have an absolute favorite as I can’t pick just one, but an author whom I absolutely adore and look up to is Colleen Hoover! Book? – Slammed by Colleen Hoover. My absolute go to book and the one I recommend to everyone!
11. What do you think the benefits are being an indie author?
I set my own rules! I’m on my own schedule and get to be the boss of my own work! There’s nothing like it!!
12. Do you have multiple stories swimming in your head at once?
ALL THE TIME!!! It gets completely confusing at times, as well as frustrating because I wish I had the time to get them all out as fast as they come to me!
13. If you were casting a movie for The Keaton Series, do you have any actors/actresses you would choose?
Cassie: Hayden Panettiere
Melanie: Lucy Hale
Moose: Josh Bowman
Jason: Kellan Lutz
Aidan: Jensen Ackles
14. What does your writing workspace look like?
A mess! Lol! I write at my kitchen table even though I have an organized office! I always need the following surrounding me as I write: Gummy Bears, Iced Tea or Wine, water, and music, and my notes!
15. Do you have a favorite quote or line from your books?
Away: If you wait for the right time for anything, it’ll always be too late.
Stay: Fate knows what we don’t.
16. How many books do you plan to write in the Keaton Series?
Will Moose and Mel have their story told? – I am most definitely working on a story for Moose and Mel! They will not stop talking! There also might be another story in the Keaton Series, but you’ll have to wait and see!
17. What are the characteristics you look for in a male love interest?
I am thinking back to book I’ve read and the biggest things that stick out for me in my male hero’s are:
1) Confidence: There’s nothing hotter or sexier on a man than the confidence they wear. In every single book I love, each of the men carry themselves in this confident way that has me drooling before I even know their name. They are sure of themselves, what they want, who they want. It’s a quality you wish all men possessed.
2) Humor: This one is huge for me. I love when a man can make you laugh. About anything too. It could be a joke, it could be teasing, it could be making light of any given situation. I find this quality also one that most of my book boyfriends have as well. Make me giggle please!
3) Striking eyes: I mean this is super self explanatory. Those eyes that pierce right through yours… the ones that say “you’re mine”. THOSE eyes! Color is absolutely not an issue, I’ll take any color as long as you look at me like I’m the only thing you see.
4) Touchable hair: Who doesn’t love to run their fingers through soft, thick, locks of hair on their man? Exactly!
Of course I could go on and on about so many different qualities both physical and personality traits that I adore and think every book boyfriend should have, but I’ll stop at these four, or we’ll be here all day LOL!
18. What is in your purse?
A few things before I dump out my purse and tell everyone about its guts…
1) HUGE purse lover here. Big, small, shiny, plain, long strap, short strap, red, blue, white, black, fancy, simple… you name it, I LOVE THEM!
2) I normally sport a huge purse, but you’ve caught me in my “smaller for summer” days. I really don’t have much but I am always up for sharing this type of stuff
3) I highly recommend the bag I’m using now. It’s called a Sherpani. This bag goes with me everywhere and I love it.
Inside my pretty Sherpani:
*Kindle (that’s a big one)
*PO Box Key
*Three Memory Sticks (you know what’s on those babies… Away, Stay, Current WIPS etc!)
*My wallet. I am using my Michael Kors ones. (Birthday gift from the hubs!)
*4 Away Bookmarks (you just never know when you’ll need to pass those puppies out)
*Super scratched up sunglasses from Kohls. LOL. (really need to take better care of them)
*$5 cash (WAHOO, I NEVER have cash on me! This is a huge moment, I am now planning my Starbucks visit this afternoon, SCORE!)
*Receipt for a super cute scarf I bought last weekend (It was on sale!)
*Make-up bag (yes, I said bag! I never travel anywhere with out my everyday essentials) (inside bag: mascara, eyelash curler, compact, concealer, eyeliner)
*Listerine stripes (heavily addicted to these guys)
*4 Blistex’s (saying that I’m obsessed with chap stick is an understatment)
*Costco membership card (who doesn’t love toilet paper in bulk?)
*mini hairspray (did I mention that I am super girly?)
*car keys (complete with an Away keychain of course)
19. Do you have a STAY playlist?
20. What are your biggest distractions?
Oh the procrastination… I swear it follows me and begs me to give in and say “just a few minutes, let us take you away.”
Here are the top offenders that are high on my list for procrastinator inhibitors:
1) Facebook. HELLOOOO… if you’re not spending hours a day on Facebook, you’re doing it wrong. LOL. #saveme #goingonhoureight #canIgetpaidtofacebookplease
2) Pinterest – They might as well take away my willpower. I always tell myself I’ll only be “a few minutes” and then five hours pass and I have no clue what day it is. But let’s be honest, the inspiration that comes from pining is as valuable to an author as reality television is to the Kardashian’s (guilty of watching as well, #sorrynotsorry). So, I’ll gladly give Pinterest my time in return for amazing photos of muses, outfits I never thought to put together, recipes I’ll never try, and Halloween costumes I wish I had the talents to make. #thankyoutimesucker
3) Spotify – Stumped on your next scene? Not sure what to write? Let’s just go to Spotify and find some musical inspiration! This is one of those, “Sounded like a good idea at the time” places to visit. If you’re a music junky like myself, then beware of the holding powers Spotify has. One song search is all you’re going to do… NOT. Three playlists, eight new authors to follow, and ten updates to facebook later… #justsaygoodbyetoyourday #haveyoulistenedtothissongyet #dontjudgemymusic
4) Goodreads – This place might as well be called “Good, I’ve got you and I’m not letting you go, Reads” – Had other plans for the day? Like, maybe… WRITE! No… not happening now. You start by going to rate a book you just read, or maybe even check out what’s on your current TBR… HAHAHA…. half a day later you’ve just added 150 books to your TBR and are currently reading the blurb to some book your mom probably read back when she attended High School. Cue, cheesy old school hair blowing in the wind romance cover. #howdidIenduphere #addingittomyTBRanyway #thiscoverrocks #momproabablylikedthisbook
Congrats, you’ve just wasted half a day and added a years worth more of books to read when you already don’t have time! #whattheheckiswrongwithme
Click on covers for more information
THANK YOU B.A. FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT OF YOUR SCHEDULE TO ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS!!!
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY FOR TWO KINDLE SETS OF AWAY AND STAY!